lørdag 21. mai 2011

An angel and her easter egg...

Nikki Sivils is a wonderful company that supports the girls in ScrappeHuset, by keeping us well fed with their lovely supplies. I really love how you can sense that they have their heart and soul in this business, and that they are kind to their employees and their design team. I mean, is there any other company that has actually made a line where they've designed a patterned paper dedicated to each and everyone in their design team?


We decided that it would be fun to challenge ourselves by entering this challenge that they have going right now. Okay, uhm, I can see that it can be a bit difficult impossible to see that I've followed the sketch, but it was what inspired me to make this layout, and if you look closely you will find some similarities... I hope!


The picture is quite overexposed, but the look on her face is just gorgeous, and I really think she looks like a little angel sitting there, with her easter egg in her lap, and I think the papers from "Max & Mollie" was perfect for this picture.


I decided to keep it simple, to keep the focus on the picture and those little details on the layout. I've added stitching with my sewing machine around the edge of the background paper, adding a little staple at the end.


I needed some contrast between the pink and the green paper, so I just drew a thin black line.


The flags are made with tape from American Crafts. Can't wait to see Nikki Sivils make washi tapes... And chipboard shapes! *wink wink*


I made the sun by cutting out suns from the patterned papers, adding a cord brad in the middle and bending the suns slightly for some extra texture.


Thanks alot for the challenge - we love you :)

12 kommentarer:

Cynthia Lloréns sa...

Wow!!!!! This is stunning..... I love the details and the color...perfect match!!!
Kisses and hugs
Cynthia

Larisa sa...

Very nice page! The photo is so greta! Love all embellishments you put on the top))

Julie Tucker-Wolek sa...

You are sooooooooooo sweet!! Thanks for your kind words about Nikki...and yes! It is true...she is the bestest!! :):):):):) I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your lo! That photo is ADORABLE and I loveeeeeeeeeeee that stitching and how you used Max & Mollie! Thanks soooooooo much for playing along with Nikki Sivils GDT contest! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Katrina Hunt sa...

You are so sweet!!!! We think Nikki is wonderful too!! love your layout, so cute...and sketches are made to be changed!! thanks for playing along!! hugs, Katrina

Carina Lindholm sa...

your layout is amazing,love it!!
Thanks for playing along!

scrappermimi sa...

Darling, I love all the little details!

Lea sa...

Very nice layout!!!
Love what you did with max and mollie.
X Lea

Nikki sa...

This is so sweet! I love the sun and the flags in the pocket! Love it!

Sarah sa...

Awww, this is so sweet! Love the stitching too!

Michèle sa...

this is very beautiful !!!!!!

domestic goddess sa...

love your simple style, gorgeous

Unknown sa...

Adore the simplicity of this layout with all of the "not so simple" details. The stitching, the flags...wonderful!!!